As Principal I would like to welcome you to both VEDC and to our new website.
VEDC is a boarding institute that caters for Emiratis who have an interest in vocational studies rather than mainstream academic education, enabling them to become citizens who will play an active role in contributing to the UAE society and economy. Our programmes are industry-based and all our graduates are given assistance to find a job at the end of their programme. VEDC offers alternative learning pathways which focus on applied learning methods (hands-on learning). These pathways are well integrated with a personal development programme that educates young men in self-discipline, work ethics and employability skills; keeping them on the right track for lifelong employment.
This is a unique centre running unique courses for unique individuals. We create careers for our students and are rightfully proud of our 100% employment rate upon graduation. We are also keen to continue our improvement, and to become universally recognised as the “gold standard” for vocational education in the UAE and the GCC.
Principal of VEDC
Academic year is defined in the HR Handbook as 1 August to 31 July
Click Here For Detailed Academic Calendar
|Term I :
||11th September 2011 to 15th December 2011
||2nd January 2012 to 29th March 2012
||8th April 2012 to 19th July 2012
In addition to obtaining a sound education and training in their selected vocation, Trainees at the VEDC are provided with the following:
Benefits for the Individual
- Monthly rewards
- Discipline, a sense of belonging, pride and citizenship.
- Empowered with usable life skills.
- Vocational specialization.
- Employability for Emiratization.
- Gratitude and a sense of achievement.
- A friendly yet disciplined family environment.
- Professional teachers who are current in their fields and dedicated to help Trainees develop.
- State of the art facilities for both education and recreational needs.
- A Certificate of Applied Learning, which is an internationally recognized qualification that will facilitate employment or a pathway for further learning.
- A program which is supported by the Industry Group that includes the UAE Armed Forces, the Higher Colleges of Technology and the Ministry of Education.
- Participating in a program that uses modern teaching methods and is committed to Trainee centered learning.
Benefits for the Nation
- Empowers nationals with skills and purpose (as tradesmen)
- Creates motivation to participate in building the society
- Builds a structured society
There are 3 intakes of new students to VEDC every academic year, which occur at the start of each trimester in September, January and April. Entrants must fulfil the following requirements:
- Have completed a minimum of Grade 6;
- Be aged between 14 and 23 years of age;
- Be a UAE National.
Welcome to VEDC Surveys.
Kindly feel free to participate in our surveys in order to for us to enhance our services and offerings.
Take Our Survey